Wednesday | 17.1.2018 16:02 | Nameday: Nataša

Vysoká pri Morave

Vysoká pri Morave

It is located in the west part of the Záhorská plain on the bank of the Morava river that composes a border with Austria. The first written reference to this village dates back to 1271, but the documents on settlement trace back to the Stone Age. The original name of the village formed in the 16th century is Hochsteten. Vysoká pri Morave is still called by Záhorie inhabitants “Hochštento”. The St Ondrej the Apostle Church was built in 1660. The village lies at close quarters with the river and it used to be regularly flooded After the regulation in the 1940th the Morava river overflows only in the adjacent meadows of the floodland that is surrounded by an artificial dam. The whole territory of the village is part of the protected landscape area Záhorie. In the village registry there are the conservation areas Dolný Les and Horný les, famous for their floodplain forests and protected species of fauna and flora. Nearby the village there are several sites located, which belong to the network of protected sites NATURA 2000 as sites of European importance (the Devín lake, Rozporec, Horný les, Dolný les). Nearby the village a few water areas are located, they are used as open air pools in the summer and together with the Morava river they offer excellent conditions for sport fishing. Near the Lábske lake there is a cottage area. Vysoká pri Morave is an important hiking paths crossroad. The Moravian Cycle Route passes through the village and here starts also the Little Carpathian Cycle Route and the path leading to Svätý Jur village. The village is a home position for rafting the Morava river. Accommodation is provided by two guest houses. The tourist information office NIVA has its seat in the village.

The most general
Sports (111226x)
Attractions (71091x)
Discussion
Rebuilding the railway station
Disorientation street names