Saturday | 20.1.2018 04:26 | Nameday: Dalibor

Sološnica

Sološnica

The village lies at the foot of the Little Carpathians under the Vápenná peak. The first written reference to this village dates back to 1367. As well as nearby villages it used to be part of the Plavecký barony, later it belonged to the Pallfy´s family. From the 15th century to the end of the 18th century in the Sološnica territory was Holínt hamlet inhabited by forests workers from Germany. Sološnica was famous for rich traditions of lime calcinations and wooden tools manufacture, still existing. A paper mill used to operate here in the 18th century. The cultural landmarks of the village are a saw mill building and the All Saints Church from 1669. The Vápenná and Malá Vápenná Hills are surrounded by the conservation area Roštún with its rock formations and important rock fauna and flora. The Vápenná peak as one of the highest peaks in the Little Carpathians (752m) is a favourite tourist destination. It offers a nice view of the east part and on the top there is a small view-tower. The territory of the Little Carpathians adjacent to Sološnica is part of the Plavecký carst. There are several caves, not accessible to the public though.

The Little Carpathian Cycle Route passes through the Sološnica village.

Why to visit Sološnica • Religious Cultural heritage

The original church

The existence of the parish church in Sološnica is mentioned in the church documents / Peterffy documents / already in the year 1397. Already in that time Sološnica had own church and organized religious life. The original church from the 14th century was dedicated to St. Osvaldo. In the year 1570, the king granted the ownership of the castle and Plavecký lordship to Stephen Balassi. Since he was Protestant, he introduced on the whole estate and, therefore, also in Sološnica, a new doctrine reforme of Martin Luther. Later the son of Melichar II .- Peter Balassa, his mother Maria Bakicsová, and also the entire county, converted to Catholicism. Thus in 1618, Sološnica rectory and the church again became Catholic. Just a stone-wood font probably remained from the original church.

Baroque church

It was built in the year 1699 on the foundations of the old church of Sv. Osvaldo and is dedicated to all the saints. It was built at the time of the priest Mr Francis Martinkovič appearance in Baroque style, what is indicated by the typical elements inside the church. It is possible to admire three rich altars - wooden and gold. One major and two minor, one is called altar of kings. There are statues of kings and territorial decorations corresponding to the kings. Saint Stephen, Saint Ladislav, Saint Imrich are shown ... We can find perfectly sculpted statue of St.. Nicholas, Augustine, Francis, St. Clara ...
Another wonderful cultural gem from the late XVII. century is handmade pulpit with statues of the evangelists. It will surprise with the accuracy and perfection of work and wealth still preserved gold. In addition to listed gems, the treasures of Sološnica church are other crosses and candlesticks. Chorus is on two carved wooden columns and it has new carved base. Under the wooden tiles by large and small choruses are still uncovered precious paintings, which are visible in old photographs. Painting dates from 1880-1890. On the ceiling, there are amazing and rare pictures like for example, St. Osvaldo, who the original church was dedicated to, the picture of the Resurrection of the Lord .... On the right side of minor entrance, there is I. tombstone built to enlightened and noble wife, Mrs. Helena Zrini from her dear and noble mourning man, the husband Mr. Stephen BALASSI. On the left side, there is II. tombstone, where a man in armor and a capsid, in right hand holding a sword without accolades, is drawn as a statue made carving art in red marble. The inscription above the left hand / what / "Today to me, tomorrow / happens / to you.
Under the left hand is located Balassa family coat of arms - Bison head with moon and stars, dragon eating its tail is a symbol of the eternal cycle of life. Bison head expresses power.
"To hilarious and an excellent hero Melichar Balassi / 1514-1568 / from Ďarmoty, enlightened on the advice, liberal to the loyalty of promise". Stephen Balassi had this monument built to his father. He died in Vienna in the year 1568 of Christ the Lord in the 9th month - in its 54 year of age. In 2009, the original church crypt was officially opened, too. The presence of remnants of Melichar Balassi as well as Zrini Helena were expected to be there, and perhaps the remains of Medňanský noble family, who were parish benefactor. However, in the crypt there were found only few bodies, probably priests working in parish. The mystery remains the presence of probably a small coffin. The crypt is walled up at the end and the whole does not keep the vaults, what may indicate the presence of another chamber of the crypt.
The entire interior treasure of the church reminds to everyone the power of faith in God and the power of culture, which enters through the art to the heart. From outside, the visitor reveals the curiosity of Sološnica church - octagonal shape of the church tower and a stone cross from the year 1775.
The church is declared as a national monument.

Sološnica "MIRACLE"

On 11 March 1945, the Mayor Joseph Velšmid at the presence of the municipal council and the citizens from whole village took the oath, that if the Sacred Heart saves our village from the destruction of the front transition, Sunday after the octave of Corpus Christi will be municipal holiday in honor of the Sacred Heart, the village will build the chapel and Sološnica people will propagate in the families and the surrounding the tribute to the Sacred Heart. Sološnica remained intact after front transition. This event was recognized as so called. Sološnica miracle. Parishioners kept the promise and on the 30th June 1946 J.E. Bishop Michal Buzalka consecrated the chapel, built as a memorial of the rescue in the front in the year 1945 and dedicated it to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Witness of real miracle is that at the dedication of the chapel were present 7,000 people grateful for the gift of life. They were aware that it was not just a routine victory, but an intervention of the Sacred Heart to the life of Sološnica people. From the year 1946 / with the exception of the communist government time / pilgrimage to Sološnica from neighboring villages take place and Sunday after the octave of Corpus Christi is a real feast for the faithful as well as misbelieving Sološnica citizens. After St. Mass, there is held the traditional parade in honor of the Sacred Heart across the village. Many people believe Sološnica is the latest pilgrimage place in Záhorie.

THE CHAPEL ON CALVARY - CEMETERY

The chapel at the cemetery was built in the year 1773 from endowment, which, in testament Sološnica priest Michael Nightingale devoted to the local church. There are three large stone crosses in the chapel. Christ on the cross, two scamps are alongside. The bottom wall of the altar, under the crosses, is made of stone, and in it, there are made forms of souls in purgatory – in the burning flame. In addition to these sculptures, here are also two side statues of Maries present at the crucifixion. The inscription is old Slovak language located behind golgotha is interesting for visitors, too. The whole shown situation of Jesus Christ death inspires the strength of reality and created statues, although stony, slipped into the heart the severity of God's pain. The chapel is on the list of cultural monuments.

Chapels

Sološnica parish has several chapels built in the village. The most important are: Chapel of Virgin Mary on the right side of the road leading to Plavecké Podhradie. It was built in the year 1717 during the operation of the priest Paul Perico and from the offerings from parishioners. A wooden statue of the Virgin Mary was in this chapel until the year 1914. Since it was damaged, the priest Mr.John Stašek bought another statue of Virgin Mary of Soutvit from Tyrol.
St.Vendelin Chapel, the patron of animals – by the road to Rohožník. It was built in the year 1812.
St.Ann Chapel -behind the village. Data of the chapel building is not known.

Most popular today
Borinka (2x)
Malacky (2x)
The most general
Sports (111247x)
Attractions (71109x)
Discussion
Rebuilding the railway station
Disorientation street names